This beautiful old farmhouse was built in the 1920’s by Master Builder, Bill Day and once occupied half of the street block.
Over the years, Bill carved off pieces of the state to house his children – and the children still live there today!
The house had been tenanted for a long time, with the last tenants completely trashing the home and the yard.
After nearly a year of legal action, we finally took back possession of the home.
With the pandemic in full swing, we decided to move the family from Sydney to the country,
to undertake the complete gut renovation of the property.
The regional location, coupled with the pandemic meant that materials and trades were thin on the ground,
meaning that a lot of “out of the box” thinking was required to get the property finished.
No part of the property was left untouched.
Walls were painted with Taubmans paint in Lexicon quarter strength.
When the bathroom was gutted, a claw foot tub from 1942 was found behind the brick wall.
This was refinished and reinstated in its rightful place.
An additional powder room was added to the separate WC and the entire floor in the kitchen had to be rebuilt (thanks termites!).
The original timber floors were painted with Porters Floor Paint in Bayleaf.
Exterior paint is Taubmans Crisp White and Resene Double Black